Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5109
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as Respiratory Therapist and assists in coordinating staffing and training activities for other therapists in the department.
1. Implements appropriate pulmonary education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety needs.
2. Supervises the activity of the clinical staff.
3. Provides objective performance evaluations of the clinical staff.
4. Coordinates clinical staff scheduling.
5. Coordinates and supervises orientation of new respiratory care personnel.
6. Assists in the determination and implementation of cost effective procedures.
7. Recommends new policies and procedures, and revisions of such to the manager.
8. Responsible for the clinical proficiency of the respiratory care staff.
9. Coordinates cardiopulmonary continuing education events for the respiratory care staff and allied health personnel.
10. Participates as a cardiopulmonary resource liaison in hospital related committees, training sessions and other activities.
11. Maintains accurate department records.
● Associate’s degree from an accredited school of Respiratory Care required at time of hire. Bachelor's Degree must be obtained within three (3) years of hire.
● RRT with adult and neonatal intensive care experience required. ACLS , BCLS , NRP , PALS , RRT
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three (3) years of previous related experience and/or training in the field of respiratory therapy.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and groups of managers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Respiratory Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.