Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4761
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals – Support Services Commitment Incentive program, which includes $1,500 paid over a two (2) years. Equal payments will be made every six (6) months of employment from their start date during the two (2) year commitment. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-support-services-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Cooks and prepares food and performs related tasks such as clean up and quality assurance activities.
1. Cooks food, including pastries desserts, and soups, according to recipes. Completes basic mathematical calculations to alter quantities as needed.
2. Ensures quality of foods. Assists in testing and standardizing recipes maintains proper temperatures for food.
3. Operates and cleans all production utensils and equipment. Maintains cooking area in a sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
4. Prepares complete meals and special events foods. Arranges food in an appealing manner.
5. Prepares food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, and soups for regular, modified, and calculated diets using weighing and measuring techniques.
● None required
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, no experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Production Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.