Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5070
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Rockingham Emergency Department includes 21 beds including a 4 bed low acuity space and results pending. We have 2 major resuscitation/trauma rooms, a triage room for initial assessment and a decontamination area. Our ED team cares for patients in all life threatening situations, less-critical injuries requiring minor treatment, acute and behavioral health diagnoses. The Rockingham ED Leadership team is focused on patient centered care through collaborative care work and positive co-worker recognition for staff in our fast-paced work environment.
The Nursing Director supports the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Morehead Memorial Hospital and serves as an ambassador within the organization and the community. The Director provides operational and functional leadership including responsibility for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the structures and processes to support nursing practice and the delivery of patient/family centered care in accordance with the MMH and Nursing strategic plans. Assumes twenty-four hour responsibility for assigned area. Primary functions include creation of a professional practice environment, development of evidence based standards of care, employment and development of competent staff, management of resources, financial management, process improvement activities, and contributions to the collective practice of nursing at MMH.
1. In collaboration with the VP Patient Care Services and CNO, defines and establishes the goals, objectives, processes, and resources required to support nursing practice and nursing standards development in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction and regulatory requirements; assumes primary responsibility for projects and special assignments; fosters an environment of professionalism; evaluates the impact of decisions on the organization as evidenced by a systems thinking approach that promotes inclusion of all departments/services
2. Understands, articulates, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and professional organization standards; maintains knowledge of current nursing practice; applies process/performance improvement principles to identify and address problems; partners with Clinical Nurse Manager and Case Manager in designing continuum of care options for managing throughput
3. Coaches, develops, and provides leadership to assigned Clinical Nurse Managers through ongoing dialogue and scheduling of monthly meetings; fosters independence and autonomy in Clinical Nurse Managers; maintains credibility with physicians as a champion of patient care, quality, and nursing professionalism; works collaboratively with other patient care and support departments; provides timely, thorough, and constructive feedback on performance
4. Participates in the Nursing Department’s strategic planning and goal setting process and collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager in developing aligned unit based management plans with quarterly reporting of goal achievement; Prepares department budget and actively participates in cost management/reduction initiatives; assists Clinical Nurse Manager in recruitment, interviewing, and selection of staff; develops and maintains master staffing plan; champions the delivery of patient/family centered care; participates in workforce planning; assists Clinical Nurse Manager in implementation of MMH's employee evaluation and goal setting process
5. Integrates high ethical standards and core values into all work activities and instills those values into others in department; serves as role model and mentor; assumes role of preceptor/instructor as requested; complies with all organization policies and procedures
● Prefer Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
● Registered Nurse Licensure in North Carolina
● CPR certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years acute care leadership experience
● Prefer prior Director level experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Emergency Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.