Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4531
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the Clinical Informatics Department for the health system. Implements comprehensive long and short-term project planning and work schedules and establishes standards and systems requirements for the organization. Provides ongoing liaison with user groups to implement programs, determine needs, and resolve problem situations. Negotiates purchase and maintenance contracts on hardware or software.
1. Communication - Effectively communicates expectations and responsibilities to subordinates. Actively listens and addresses issues and concerns promptly. Establishes a shared vision with employees.
2. Compliance - Ensures compliance with health system and external accrediting agency guidelines and regulations. Develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to IT security/privacy.
3. Customer Focus - Creates exceptional customer relations and maintains those relationships through continuing improvement efforts. Exhibits courtesy, cooperation, and respect towards customers.
4. Leadership - Directs system-level operations, develops goals and objectives, and administers policies, procedures and processes as needed.
5. Strategic Planning & Financial Awareness - Aligns objectives with the organizational strategic plans. Develops operating budget and capital requests. Monitors financial performance and adjusts resources to maximize profitability while maintaining exceptional quality and service.
6. Technical Support Administration - Consults and provides technical support on technical aspects of contracts. Oversees project budgets once established and implements projects in accordance with established project plan.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Training User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.