Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5734
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is seeking exceptional candidates to join our Strategic Planning group to guide the vision and strategic direction of the organization. This is a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment as a Strategy Analyst. For this role, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about shaping the future of a leading academic health system. You will bring creative and forward-thinking solutions to tackle today's most pressing health care issues, and partner with thought leaders across the organization to develop strategies that prepare us to be successful in the future.
The Strategic Planning department acts as an internal consulting group focused on leading strategy across UNC Health. Our department’s mission is to provide valued strategic insights, trusted advice, and skill execution that elevate UNC Health’s impact in North Carolina and position it as the nation's leading academic health care system. In our pursuit of this mission, we believe in embodying the values of innovation, professionalism, diversity, and collegiality. The Strategic Planning team is part of UNC Health’s “Transformation and Experience” division – a group focused on transforming healthcare and achieving our vision and mission as One UNC Health.
We are seeking a resourceful, energetic professional to join our team as a Strategy Analyst. In this position, the Strategy Analyst will provide project management, analytics, financial modeling, business planning, and other support within Strategic Planning.
The Strategy Analyst position operates within the Strategic Planning. The Strategy Analyst supports strategic initiatives, including entity, service line, and market strategic planning efforts, business development efforts that might include joint ventures, partnerships and M&A, and/ or strategic initiatives that might include unique, cross-cutting projects outside the normal course of business.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, strong analytics skills, communicate effectively, thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment, effectively manage deliverables and project activities, and have a desire to learn and grow in a large, diverse health system anchored by a leading academic medical center.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Supports the projects of the Strategic Planning function. The Strategy Analyst will be assigned to one or more projects at any given time, in addition to receiving ad hoc requests as necessary. The Analyst will routinely partner with other members of the Strategic Planning team, and will work directly with other internal and external stakeholders to complete project work.
2. Owns project deliverables and is able to drive work to completion.
3. Works autonomously and with low levels of direction and supervision.
4. Performs detailed analytics, which may include internal or external financial, operational and/or market data, and is able to summarize into key insights for project leaders.
5. Communicates effectively, including verbal and written communications, and will often work, directly and indirectly, with senior leaders across the healthcare system.
6. Participates in cross-functional teams and operates within different levels of the organization.
7. Requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing project and stakeholder demands.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline. Master's degree preferred. Preferred disciplines include business administration and healthcare administration.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required. Prior health care experience highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Possesses knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Desired skills include strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building, and communication skills. Previous experience with PowerPoint and Excel is preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategic Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.