Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5664
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is a Leader and Influencer of complex quality and process improvement initiatives for the Health Care System. Key advisor who leads organization-wide projects that are aligned with organizational vision and goals. Strategic partner to departments. Serves as mentor and may supervise Specialists, Analysts and administrative support staff. Serves as organizational consultant to Health Care System executives.
1. Develops innovative solutions that provide competitive advantage. Provides vision for future development phases. Amplifies capabilities through mentoring to other departments across the organization. Organizational consultant to HCS executives.
2. Identifies ways that TM&T can be applied to create new business/growth opportunities. Develops the case which illustrates the benefits to the organization. Conducts on-going studies and research of TM&T that are relevant to business improvement/growth. Engages vendors, consultants, and content experts to evaluate current, planned, and possible TM&T. Able to train Lean Six Sigma trainers and/or other improvement methodology trainers. Leads the development of Lean Six Sigma training materials and/or other improvement methodologies training materials.
3. Identifies ways to improve customer support through system wide methodologies. Defines metrics and reporting which permits solutions to be measured and improved. Ability to create an environment where Customer Service thrives through motivation and excellence.
4. Identifies ways to improve project team performance and determines how next implementation can be accomplished more effectively. Identifies methods for improving the project management process across HCS. Has skill set and responsibility to lead operations or executive committees.
5. Leads highly complex and difficult improvement processes. Evaluates new business opportunities. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc., seeking continued learning on advanced topics (e.g., simulation, etc.).
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
● Requires completed portfolio and must have one member of the Quality committee (or designee) on interview team.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Six (6) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis.
● If a Master's degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong leadership skills, ability to influence leaders and lead complex projects. Facilitation skills and presentation skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.