Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5771
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (SBIA) provides expert-level insight-driven clinical, operational and financial analyses to enhance organizational decision-making. The primary responsibilities for the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst include healthcare analytics, scorecard & dashboard development, project management for key initiatives, communications, mentorship and training.
1. Communication and relationships The SBIA acts a key Business Intelligence & Analytics leader and liaison between hospital leadership, physician leadership, other clinical leaders, ISD and other stakeholders. He or she ensures a tight linkage between the department's efforts and the organizational goals. He or she serves as a guide of the organization's business intelligence priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications. The SBIA develops concise, insightful, and politically savvy communications. These are often in PowerPoint, but also in email and verbally via committee meetings, staff meetings, and working sessions.
2. Dashboard and scorecard development The SBIA leads the development of effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making
3. Healthcare analytics The SBIA provides expertise in healthcare analytics support (financial, clinical & operational analytics) to generate insights that can be transformed into action and include a broad set of tools, processes, technologies, and stakeholders for collecting, integrating, accessing, and analyzing information.
4. Mentorship and training The SBIA provides mentorship and training in both the analytical technique and quality of work by the BIAs. He or she will also be a trusted business intelligence advisor and support ad hoc training for other analysts throughout the organization. The SBIA may have direct reports and perform necessary HR functions associated with managing staff such as time and attendance, corrective action and performance reviews.
5. Project management The SBIA demonstrates efficient project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
No licensure or certification required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
If Bachelor's degree in general degree, four (4) years of experience
If Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Analytics, Computer Science or Statistics, requires two (2) years of experience
If Master's degree, requires two (2) years of experience
If PhD, requires no years of experience
If Associates, requires ten (10) years of experience
If High School degree, requires thirteen (13) years of experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- SQL and Data Viz software intermediate proficiency - Intermediate proficiency of optimizing reusable data sources for visualization and analytics - Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills required - R/Python (other stat software) limited proficiency
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.