Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5670
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides the principal executive office/administrative support to the division chief and divisional leadership. Handles critical and confidential information and uses discretion in dealing with internal and external contacts.
Specific divisional duties include, but are not limited to:
·Acts as a liaison between Division Chief, Administrative Chief, and Business Manager
·Communicates, manages and follows up with other executive assistant regarding numerous projects, meeting and data requests
·Works closely with Department Chair’s office, SOM and hospital leadership
·Event planning (retreat/faculty recognition/holiday/other) – coordinates with counterpart, if appropriate
·Oversees annual faculty review process
·Faculty mentorship coordination and tracking
·Anticipates needs related to schedules and activities and provides administrative, communication, clerical, travel and financial support to fulfill anticipated and established needs
·Ensures compilation and advance distribution of meeting materials, including working with executives on agendas in PowerPoint for senior-level meetings
·Schedules divisional faculty meetings
·Schedules senior leadership meetings (coordinates with counterpart)
·Supplemental administrative support for other leadership positions as needed (ACA, business managers)
·Special projects (may include faculty recruitment coordination, etc.)
·Divisional announcements to faculty and staff, maintenance of listserv(s) and email contact groups
·Maintains divisional org chart
·Processes reimbursements for travel and work-related expenses
·Maintains and updates CV and NIH biosketch
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Serves as primary assistant to a Director. Organizes supervisor’s files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information
2. Researches and composes a variety of correspondence, memoranda and reports using office support software packages. Compiles materials from multiple sources into a unified presentation. Maintains confidentiality of information
3. Communicates and follows up with department managers regarding project and report data due to supervisor. Ensures agenda and documents for discussion are distributed in advance to meeting attendees. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
4. Screens telephone calls, visitors and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. Opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed
5. Schedules calendar commitments for supervisor. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials. Monitors and maintains administrative office budget.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of progressive experience in a clerical, administrative or office management role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.