Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4917
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with the health system's strategy, commitments and goals.
1. Acquires the necessary resources in partnership with resource owners to fulfill the planned project roles/responsibilities and activities. Manages all internal and external project resources to ensure that project scope is delivered on time, on schedule, within the approved project budget, and with a high degree of quality.
2. Closes the project by ensuring all scoped deliverables are accepted, project documentation is stored, and project resources are released.
3. Develops and manages the project scope and objectives, high-level timeline, and cost estimate with the project sponsor and other key stakeholders and establishes the overall project management approach. In addition, develops and manages the consolidated project plan including detailed schedule (with critical path), cost estimate, roles/responsibilities, communications, and risks.
4. Engages the project team continuously and periodically reports project status to all key project stakeholders as well as IT Management.
5. Provides project management mentoring, coaching, and support to less experienced team members as well as all health system employees and contractors as necessary or appropriate.
While not required but is highly desired, candidates should have Healthcare Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), other HR systems, Supply Chain and/or Business and Revenue Cycle project management experience.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience in project management.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of experience in project management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of experience in project management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required. Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.