Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4936
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Apps Systems Analyst position provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system. The responsibilities of this position include project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development, problem resolution, and vendor coordination.
Description of Duties:
1. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports
4. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. May provide guidance to Applications System Analysts to ensure best practices, standard methodologies and processes are executed.
5. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
OpTime and Anesthesia Certification Preferred or Willingness to obtain both certifications.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Clinical Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.