Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5243
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Transplant Coordinator coordinates liver transplantation of pediatric and adult organ recipients. The Transplant Coordinator provides follow-up and care across the continuum from pre-transplant, during transplant and post transplant. S/he collaborates with members of the health care team to enhance patient care by developing, supporting and educating nursing staff. S/he is a clinician, educator, investigator, consultant and leader. S/he makes clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems. The Transplant Coordinator is an integral member of a larger multi-disciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
On call is required for this position.
1. Patient Care-- Oversees and/or coordinates the clinical, psycho-social and financial needs of the transplant patient. Coordinates pre-operative tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy and maintains the program's waiting list which includes providing regular follow up on patient status while waiting for transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing patient and transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs and follow-up care per program standards
2. Continuous Quality Improvement--Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant programs. CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Education--Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
4.. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings.
5. Regulatory compliance--documents and maintains patient transplant information in the electronic medical record with current data and required information to ensure regulatory compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of professional nursing experience to include two (2) years in transplant, critical care, disease specific area.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Liver Pre Transplant
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.