Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5534
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Hybrid role – 2 days in the office, 3 days remote
The Sr. Finance and Strategic Planning Analyst is the lead analyst in the Triangle East Regional -UNC Rex and UNC Health Johnston ~1.7B and 5 hospital campus enterprise. This position represents the department at key internal and external meetings and routinely interacts with all levels of senior management. Work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative. This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned areas within a hospital. This position leads in the development, analysis and preparation of financials plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve entity goals and objectives.
1. Presents financial analysis to executive leadership at monthly VP and President/CFO meetings. Ability to respond independently to senior leadership inquiries.
2. Oversees the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget, in coordination with the Director. Specific area of focus will be forecasting revenues and expenses and facilitating the evaluation/inclusion of proposed business plans in the operating and capital budgets. Leads the departmental budget trainings and serves as the point of contact to managers and directors during budget preparation.
3. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Forecasts revenues and expenses and researches ways to enhance hospital revenues and control costs. Assists in the implementation of financial improvements and tracks achievement of objectives.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high-level analysis of various data elements.
6. Manages cross-functional teams to produce business plans for new business initiatives and operational improvements for review by Management. Includes conducting financial feasibility studies, preparing project plans, analyzing potential operations, cash flow models using NVP, and identifying steps for implementation.
7. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis
8. Serves as a liaison between the department and clinical service line teams, representing the resources of the Department and providing specialist knowledge in assigned area of expertise. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
9. Reviews organization’s financial reports, identifying trends and opportunities for performance improvement. Compares key financial indicators to those of competitors.
Healthcare experience is required in a hospital, physician group, or direct consulting experience
● Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; MBA, MHA, or MPH with experience in healthcare planning or financial analysis is preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Master's Degree, four (4) years of related experience and/or training.
● With a Bachelor's Degree, eight (8) years of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00 Work
Job Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.