Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5804
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior System Compensation Analyst provides analytical and consultative services in designing, delivering and administering compensation strategy and programs. This roles plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures across the health system. The Senior System Compensation Analyst manages system-wide projects, functions as a subject-matter expert and consultant to leadership and provides support and guidance to HR staff.
1. Compensation Administration: Provides day-to-day compensation support and analysis for the health system. Consults with management on issues and questions relating to compensation. Provides market analysis, maintains salary structures, and provides job evaluation for all jobs.
2. Job Analysis: Evaluates jobs through competitive market analysis and job evaluation programs. Responsible for Job description maintenance, FLSA determination, market pricing and all compensation related questions. Assures compensation programs are consistently applied.
3. Consulting and Collaboration: Acts as the primary contact and liaison in the HR department for compensation related functions. Works with affiliate HR Executives and leadership to deliver compensation solutions. Collaborates with Recruiting to review promotions and employment offers and formulates salary recommendations as needed.
4. Compensation Programs: Leads the implementation of system-wide compensation programs including but not limited to market and merit increases and incentive programs. Independently develops recommendations for market and equity adjustments. Identifies potential internal or organizational equity issues. Develops reports outlining cost implications and impact analyses for management review and approval. Composes proposals, survey result summaries and supporting data in a neat, comprehensive format for review. Develops timeline and guideline criteria necessary for the timely planning and implementation of compensation programs and projects.
5. Education and Training: Assists with the development of compensation communications, and management training to educate HR and management on Compensation policies, processes and practices. This includes orientation materials, program or policy changes and Total Compensation program development.
6. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned compensation analysis. Identify compensation-related issues and assist in developing strategies to address them proactively. Keep supervisor informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's Degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's Degree: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School Diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population. Excellent analytical, requirement gathering, problem-solving and project management skills. Superior teamwork skills. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.Advanced knowledge and use of Excel.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Compensation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 1.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.