Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5872
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Working under the supervision of a RN, the patient sitter maintains constant direct observation and visualization of identified patient(s) to include patient observation, patient safety, patient privacy, communication, conduct, and ensuring comfort and safety of patients at all times.
1. Patient observation: keep patient(s) in view at all times; never leaves patient unattended; documents observations appropriately.
2. Patient Safety: Maintains sight of patient at all times. Removes sharp/dangerous items out of room; screens all items brought in for patients by visitors and contact charge nurse with any concerns; knows patients ordered activity level
3. Patient Privacy: maintains confidentiality of all patient information; refrains from discussing patient information with anyone other than medical team; respects patients' right to dignity while providing care, with concern for safety as a priority.
4. Communication: listens and acknowledges patients complaints and feelings; conveys attitudes of compassion, empathy, and understanding; refrains from conversations with patients regarding his/her medical condition or plan of care; seeks guidance and direction when appropriate; informs RN if patient expresses desire to harm self/others or wants to leave hospital; provides report to relief sitter and to RN prior to leaving at shift end
5. Conduct: provides patient care activities within scope of practice and competency; refrains from making personal calls, eating food in room, or sleeping; allows patient control of television; refrains from use of personal electronics; remains with assigned patient(s) until relief sitter has arrived and is in the patient room; ensures comfort and safety of patient at all times.
6. Quality: complies with all organization policies and procedures; compiles with all regulatory rules and standards; complies with all Life Safety regulations and Infection Control practices; demonstrates safe work habits and reports unsafe conditions; contributes to the achievement of """"""""always"""""""" in HCAHPS scores as appropriate to job position.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Exceptional customer service, ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Emergency Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.