Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 3807
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
To provide structure and lead teams to provide meals to patients throughout the hospital, serve customers in retail venues and catering events, and prepare quality food. Promote team work among groups in and outside the area. To act as a liaison between management and the co-workers. To assist management to achieve targeted goals. To complete other task assigned my management.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Coordinates the preparation and delivery of patient trays.
3. Coordinates ware washing activities to ensure that proper techniques are used and established procedures and standards are maintained.
4. Conducts meeting with support staff to provide technical guidance and direction regarding department operations.
5. Performs all opening and closing functions.
6. Conducts Quality Assessment monitoring.
7. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives for area.
8. Leads and participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
9. Provides input to manager on decision making and problem solving activities related to the area.
10. Provides work direction and scheduling of employees. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours.
11. Acts as liaison between team members, management, and other teams.
12. Participates in the execution of work plan(s) for assigned area.
13. Provides performance feedback to manager regarding team members' performance.
14. Follows all approved practices and procedures in the storage, preparation, service and delivery of patient meals and supplies with full consideration of patient safety needs.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years-related experience and/or training. Three years of supervisory experience in front of the house restaurants/hotel/hospital setting required; Five years preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.