Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5511
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for a $20,000 commitment incentive with a four (4) year commitment!
Schedule: Full time days, Monday-Friday, with every other weekend
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision making, problem solving, and employee performance reviews in the skilled nursing facility. Acts as liaison between staff, physicians, and management. Also performs direct patient care.
1. Ensures care delivered to each patient is appropriate and in accordance with physician orders and policy. Documents patient clinical records.
2. Makes staff /room assignments based on patient needs and staff qualifications. Collaborates with managers and other team leaders to flex and coordinate the number of scheduled staff for optimal utilization and productivity within all areas. Assists with monitoring overtime hours.
3. Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision making, problem solving, and employee performance reviews. Acts as liaison between staff, physicians, and management.
4. Participates in direct patient care; maintains current skills and competencies equal to that of a Staff RN.
5. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to ensure optimal efficiency throughout the department. Notifies Clinical Manager, as appropriate, with concerns related to equipment/supply availability, posting of cases, staffing and/or patient safety
6. Assists with cost containment and product selection.
● Associate's degree in Nursing is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● NC RN Licensure required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Experience in a skilled nursing setting preferred. Training
● If an Associate's degree: 4 years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, other staff, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SNF Raleigh
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.