Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5567
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs environmental, equipment and supply maintenance services for Operating Rooms, assists in transportation of patients to and from the Operating Rooms and other duties as specified by licensed personnel.
This position will work Monday-Friday 11am-7:30pm with occasional weekend coverage required.
1. Changes mop water, mop, and cleans mop room and hallways, and maintains sub-sterile and scrub sink areas per policy and procedure.
2. Communicates with RN circulator and OR schedule coordinator to plan transport, assistance with positioning and holding limbs for surgical site prep. Assists with other patient care activities as assigned by circulator.
3. Obtains case needs for each OR suite including positioning aids, equipment, and room supplies. Obtains linen cart and distributes linens. Checks and restocks warmers throughout shift. Obtains bed from floor or ICU. Obtains clean patient stretcher with clean linens, IV pole, oxygen tank with adequate oxygen level. Obtains blood, blood products and medications from appropriate location. Stocks OR suites.
4. Transports specimens, blood and blood products to and from laboratories.
● High School diploma or GED
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A combination of prior training and/or experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.