Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5963
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position serves as a liaison between patients and families and all hospital departments, facilitating conflict management and complaint resolutions for the most complex and sensitive situations. The position serves as a patient resource for matters related to complaint resolution, compliance, policies and procedures.
1. Complaint Resolution- Documents complaints by listening to patient and patient family complaints documenting details determining what resolution is sought. Resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families directing them to a physician or supervisor helping them present facts to the hospital representative developing acceptable resolutions following-up on outcomes. Prevents complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints modifying practices that cause repeated complaints. Alerts legal department and administrator by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
2. Patient Experience- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes implementing changes. Enhances patient advocacy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Act as consultants in relation to patient satisfaction to help sustain a patient-family centered environment. Lead Patient Experience training.
3. Professional Development- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading professional publications maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations. Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
4. Regulatory Requirements- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission standards. Maintains patient rights by educating patients responding to patient and patient family complaints resolving patient issues reporting unresolved issues. Assist with the completion and explanation of Advance Directives.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Behavioral Science or an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree, no prior experience required.
● If Associate's degree, four (4) years of experience in patient relations or customer service is required.
● If high school diploma, eight (8) years of experience in patient relations or customer service is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent customer service, persuasion, excellent verbal communication, building relationships, resolving conflict, coordination, listening, excellent organization, integrity, attention to detail, excellent written communication, patience, critical thinking and compassion.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Quality Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.