Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6070
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Prepares patient specimens for analysis and/or provide technical support for a specific clinical service or program.
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers and/or laboratory supervisor regarding specimen suitability, procedures, media preparation or instrument function checks.
2. Investigates and troubleshoots problems with equipment, procedures, specimens, reagents and/or workflow.
3. May assist in teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents, fellows, visiting scientists and/or new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of a specific clinical service or program.
5. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs specimen processing procedures. Provides quality control and equipment maintenance.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant experience.
● If Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Biological Science, no experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: UNCGP
Entity: UNC Group Practices
Organization Unit: GP Garner Family Practice
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.