Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6126
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
UNC Physicians Network is seeking a Primary Care Medical Director to support its practice at Glenaire, Inc. The position will be a 1.0 FTE role that will initially be split between Glenaire and a local primary care practice. The position will grow into a dedicated 1.0 FTE role at Glenaire based on volume. Located in Cary, we provide exceptional medical care, from physicals and immunizations to ongoing care for chronic conditions. Offering quality care is our top priority.
At Glenaire, we strive to bring patients the best in health care in our continuing care retirement community (CCRC). The residents of Glenaire welcome you into their lives regardless of your role. You will have the opportunity to interact with residents in times of health, and sickness, and celebrate personal joys and achievements with residents in a unique patient-centric setting. This active community is engaged with their healthcare provider and seeks opportunities to involve all teammates in resident activities and events. The community allows you to get to know your patients, so that you may easily optimize their health through integration of onsite services such as therapy, massage, and exercise.
There are more than 90 practices and over 300 providers at UNC Physicians Network that are providing a full range of primary care and specialty services to people in 14 counties throughout North Carolina. Through operational support that helps each practice provide complete care to patients, UNCPN makes the expertise and empathy of the UNC Health Care system available to more of North Carolina. High-quality health care begins with high-caliber people. Our steadfast commitment to the health of our community begins within. If you seek an environment that promotes excellence, leadership and autonomy in clinical practice, then a career with UNCPN may be for you. Physician practices affiliated with UNCPN are offering opportunities for employment.
• Comprehensive and competitive benefits program that provides flexibility in coverage and voluntary supplemental programs
• Competitive salary with excellent incentives
• Excellent, prime location in Cary, NC
• Positive culture in a physician led organization and large health care system Services:
• Management of chronic health conditions
• Internal medicine
• Acute illness care
• In-office procedures
• Nutrition counseling
• Physicals/Annual Wellness Visits
• Women’s health
• Care responsibilities would be expected to include the continuum of care across the independent living clinic, assisted living facility, and skilled nursing facility.
• Physician shall guide and help oversee the development, approval, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation of facility’s policies and procedures concerning resident care.
• Physician shall cooperate with Facility to establish polices for assuring that the rights of individuals (residents, staff members, and community members) are respected.
• Physician shall help the facility obtain and maintain timely and appropriate medical care that supports the healthcare needs of the residents, is consistent with current standards of practice, and helps the facility meet its regulatory requirements as required by CMS/North Carolina regulation concerning medical directors.
• Physician shall meet at least quarterly with the risk management and quality assurance committee of the facility.
• Physician shall address issues related to the coordination of medical care identified through the facility’s quality assessment and assurance committee and quality assurance program, and other activities related to the coordination of care, which may include, but is not limited to, helping the facility.
• Physician shall be responsible for the coordination of medical care in the facility.
• 1-2 half-days of service each week in skilled nursing facility based on regulatory requirements and based on nursing reported needs
• Physician will have APP oversight to help coordinate and deliver patient care
• Physician shall organize and coordinate attending physician services, including, but not limited to:
1. Availability of physician services 24 hours a day in case of emergency (provider may have access to after-hours nursing triage for support)
2. Review of the resident’s overall condition and program of care at each visit, including medications and treatments
3. Documentation of progress notes with signatures - Frequency of visits, as required
4. Signing and dating all orders, such as medications, admission orders, and re-admission orders
5. Review of and response to consultant recommendations relating to the provision of physician services
• Medical School Graduate (MD/DO)
• Board certified internal medicine or family medicine required
• Specific training or special interest in providing geriatric care (preferred but not required)
• NC State License preferred
• FCVS profile preferred for those without NC license but not required
• Must be eligible for credentialing
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.