Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5728
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for a departmental or organizational wide clinical program. Examples may include, but are not limited to program management that crosses major nursing divisions house-wide such as policy & procedures, nursing staffing systems, CQI, care coordination or pharmacy. Ensures high quality program services to a specified population across multiple settings. Program emphasis includes outcomes analysis, provider and staff education, and community outreach.
1. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, federal government, The Joint Commission, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
2. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary program goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
3. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, in particular for vulnerable or at risk populations.
4. Education- Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, provider and staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff have the knowledge and skills to care for the specified population.
5. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
6. Planning- Develops strategic plan, goals, marketing and annual evaluation for clinical program.
7. Quality Improvement - Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
● For nursing positions- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Non-Nursing positions- Bachelor's degree required.
RN required for this role
● For nursing positions-Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina when applicable. RN not required for non-nursing positions
RN required for this role
Professional Experience Requirements:
● For Nursing-Three (3) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area. For non-nursing areas: Three (3) years of relevant experience and one (1) year of management experience.
RN required for this role
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Urology Support Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.