Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6069
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs general office support functions and other tasks as directed, according to established processes, policies and schedules.
1.Greeting and routing internal and external customers by phone and in person. Assists with general inquiries from internal and external customers. Directs customers/patients as needed. May serve as first level for customer complaints.
2. Matching records against source documents to verify completeness and accuracy correcting typographical and other basic errors.
3. Performs basic scheduling of staff, facilities and/or patients. May collect insurance cards and make copies/inputs data in system. May collect any necessary copays.
4. Performs routine office duties including filing, faxing, and sorting/distributing mail. Performs routine clerical and typing tasks involved in processing form letters, requisitions, memoranda, reports and other office documents. Utilizing all software necessary to perform basic tasks for departments.
5. Preparing and maintaining routine office records. Entering data, resolving minor discrepancies by contacting appropriate personnel. Refers more complex issues to supervisor.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise understands the technical aspects of one's job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate. Coachability Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Benefits
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.