Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6200
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as the lead Advanced Practice Provider for a group of APPs at Rex Hospital.
1. Establishes a health status database (including physical) that is pertinent to visit and obtains histories for patients (adult and geriatric) which have implications for treatment, in patient, in ED, in office.
2. Orders and/or performs, evaluates, interprets and integrates findings of diagnostic tests and procedures to formulate health management plan.
3. Evaluates and makes recommendations for patient/family health management plan, including education and counseling with full consideration of patient safety needs under the direction of the supervising physician.
4. Maintains patients' medical records according to established standards and documents in a systematic, accurate and succinct format. Reviews records with supervisory physician on a routine basis.
5. Discusses patient care needs with physician and/or other health professionals when appropriate.
6. Refers patients to physician or to specialized healthcare resources for consultation/treatment as appropriate.
7. Participates in continuing education and/or continuing medical education as required by licensing body and medical staff bylaws. Participates in and assists with continuing education programs for nurses and other personnel involved in the care of patients.
8. Prescribes medication as permitted by the N.C. Board of Medical Examiners and in accordance with Rex policy; implements standing orders or other orders delineated by the supervising physician for specific patients.
9. Contributes to product evaluation and standardization; remains clinically competent in all aspects of first assisting, vein harvesting, patient rounding and management.
10. Participates in policy review and creation as needed; ensures that protocols and procedures of Rex Hospital are followed appropriately.
11. Meets regularly with team members to review needs and concerns, to ensure quality care and patient safety, to coordinate work assignments, establish priorities, and to participate in program development and planning.
12. Coordinates staffing assignments and daily call schedules, based on skills and availability; approves education and time off requests, participates in annual performance evaluations, and ensures appropriate communication and feedback are provided.
13. Participates in quality assurance for patient care and data collection for data bases (STS) and reporting. Serves as the department liaison for inter/multi discipline problem solving and manages communication among team members regarding policy/protocol and departmental/organizational changes.
● Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent;
● Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of related experience and/or training required. Previous experience in the inpatient acute care preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, governmental regulations, etc. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or users, managers, external customers, etc.REASONING ABILITYAbility to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNot applicable (N/A)PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, type, or feel; regularly required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.