Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4907
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists with patient care, patient safety, and responds to patient needs in the Emergency Room.
1. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rates every 2 hours or as directed.
2. Records intake and outputs as directed.
3. Performs urinary catherization or in and out foley procedure and documents accordingly.
4. Sets up area for sterile procedure and documents accordingly.
5. Performs minor orthopedic splinting under the direction of the physician assistant.
6. Documents any skin breakdowns noted and notifies RN.
7. Removes any IV catheter and documents accordingly.
8. Transcribes, documents, and transmits physician orders and any other pertinent information.
9. Able to work in all three areas of department - triage, minor treatment and acute. Follows guidelines per departmental policy in each of these areas.
● One-year certificate from college or technical school.
● Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I. BCLS certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Emergency Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.