Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6260
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct pastoral care to patients, families and staff manage pastoral care in various clinical areas provide rotate institutional back-up pastoral care 24/7 designs pastoral care programs for specific patients/clients/organization and provides pastoral consultation in interdisciplinary patient care.
1. Consultation--Serves as a resource or consultation for staff, CPE residents and interns about patient (client) problems, and assists in utilizing institutional and/or community resources in meeting patient (client), family, and staff needs. Collaborates with other departments or agencies serving the specific needs of the client population.
2. Departmental and institutional responsibilities--attends meetings as assigned such as the Ethics Committee, CQI, Palliative Care, CISM, and diversity education. Participates in appropriate professional organizations.
3. Ensures that care provided and other activities are documented appropriately
4. Manages pastoral care provided by self and CPE interns/residents in defined clinical area or a larger patient (client) group with complex problems. Coordinates pastoral care rotations. Coordinates volunteer activities
5. Program development--Develops pastoral care programs, educational and/or outreach programs for specific patient (client) populations, large clinical area, and/or agency
6. Provides pastoral care to patients (clients), families, and staff in specified clinical area in accordance with the professional code of ethics. Provides religious rites and rituals and memorial services as appropriate to the patient population.
● Master's degree in Divinity (M.Div.) or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary or university. Graduation from accredited college and seminary with four (4) units of ACPE CPE, faith group endorsement.
● Board eligible by the Association of Professional Chaplains. Certification must be obtained within two years of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pastoral experience in hospital setting and/or congregation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: Rex Pastoral Care Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.