Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6286
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
APP Hospitalist Needed in Beautiful Western, NC
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Caldwell UNC Health is the choice for health care in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department see approximately 30,000 visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to our market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. Our 137-bed licensed acute care hospital is a member of the UNC Health System.
• Experience is required due to ICU requirements for all hospitalist team members
• Work with a team of experienced and highly skilled physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
• 12 ICU beds with average daily total team "hospitalist" census of 55-65 patients (10 ICU), candidate must be comfortable managing ICU patients
• Experience with procedures is preferred but not required (central line & vent management)
• 12 hour shifts, 7 on 7 off rotation (Monday-Sunday) or modified options
• No night call
• EMR - Epic
• 5 providers working daily on a 7:00 am - 7:00 pm shift
• 10-14 patients per provider
• Specialty backup: Cardiology, GI, Nephrology, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, ENT, Pulmonary
• Occasional night shifts are open to those willing to participate
• Location- 321 Mulberry Street, SW, Lenoir, NC 28645
Lifestyle, Scenery, Recreation, Friendship, Professional Career—Have it ALL!
• Location in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwestern North Carolina
• Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC
• One hour-and-ten-minutes travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain resort community of Blowing Rock.
• Professional Liability coverage, Paid Time Off, CME Allowance
To be considered, please email your CV to [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.