Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5628
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is an entry level position which performs skilled work of moderate difficulty in the general and specific repair and maintenance of hospital buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, equipment, electrical generation prime movers and mechanical devices. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a higher level maintenance mechanic or supervisor.
1. Conducts fire drills, maintains all fire prevention and extinguishing equipment, and provides fire response efforts for emergencies.
2. Installs, repairs and maintains equipment.
3. Installs, repairs and maintains various life safety equipment, including vacuum pumps, life saving mechanical equipment and emergency generator prime movers.
4. Maintains UNC Health Care buildings and facilities on site and at other locations to comply with hospital maintenance policies for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and visitors.
5. Performs operational tests and provide maintenance of the laundry chute system and emergency stairwells to meet JCAHO requirements, the Life Safety Code and UNC Health Care policies.
6. Performs routine and unscheduled repair and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles used for hospital staff and visitors.
7. Selects and installs suitable materials (windows, doors, roofing materials, flooring) to match existing materials or devices in use throughout all hospital buildings.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with maintenance and repair projects or large facility maintenance, including experience in all forms of maintenance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Organization Unit: Wakebrook - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.