Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5471
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position provides direction and supervision to a large group (ten or more) of clerical employees, including selection, counseling, scheduling, and distributing workload. Employees in this class are considered experts within the area of assignment and provide assistance to both subordinates and other staff.
This position will provide supervision for 2ndand 3rdshift Hillsborough ED Patient Access staffing. Hours may include weekends and holidays.
1. Ensures all staff are properly trained. Provides on-the-job training and identifies broader training needs that may be addressed with formal training for the unit.
2. Establishes departmental goals and objectives. Develops policies and procedures to accomplish objectives. Communicates new and changes to existing policies and procedures.
3. Establishes priorities within the unit supervised, establishes work schedules, organizes and directs the flow of work. Adjusts individual assignments to meet the needs of the unit..
4. Provides input to departmental budget process and monitors to ensure fiscal accountability.May establish work unit operational budget
5. Resolves work problems utilizing operational, technical, and program knowledge. Serves as primary resource for employees with regard to problems, interpretation and application of policies and procedures
6. Reviews work of subordinates and productivity reports to ensure that the quality and quantity of work performed meets internally established goals for timeliness and to determine areas for improvement. Suggests and participates in quality improvement initiatives for the work unit and the department.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of clerical, administrative, or secretarial experience, including one (1) year in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access HBO ED
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job - This position will provide supervision for 2nd and 3rd shift. Hours may include weekends and holidays.
Location of Job: US:NC: Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.