Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6140
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for implementation of comprehensive programs to ensure delivery and management of efficient and financially responsible delivery of quality health care in the physician office setting.
1. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and evaluating employee performance.
3. Provides supervision and direction for all practice staff. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work flow. Serves as a resource for decision making and problem solving, and as a liaison between physicians, management, and other departments.
4. Participates in budgetary planning, implementation, and monitoring of all financial aspects of the physician office practice. Responsible for patient scheduling and throughput, physician and staff productivity and maintenance of adequate staffing, equipment, and supplies.
5. Responsible for compliance with billing and accounting procedures, revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
6. Identifies trends and develops a plan of action to address customer, employee, and physician satisfaction issues. Participates on teams to achieve desired results.
7. Responsible for resolution of facility management, equipment, and safety issues.
8. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Coordinates ongoing unit based performance improvement activities.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: At least two years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an physician office or outpatient setting or combination of education/experience. Supervisory experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: At least six years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an physician office or outpatient setting or combination of education/experience. Supervisory experience required.
● If an high school or GED: At least ten years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an physician office or outpatient setting or combination of education/experience. One year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, employees, and the general public.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
● Computer Skills: Ability to utilize practice management and EHR systems, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: UNC Heart and Vascular
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.