Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6020
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Procures a variety of services, equipment, and supplies on behalf of departments. Initiates and designs bids and proposals to award buying decisions. Participates in procurement sourcing teams for research, bid and contract management of supplies and services.
1. Assists in developing, documenting and administering policies and procedures regarding institutional procurement practices and, other duties as assigned.
2. Conducts analyses of commodities used, associated volumes of commodities, and buying habits of assigned departments to aid in cost-effective purchasing decisions. Tracks markets to anticipate customer needs, changes in such needs and the impact to existing contracts of the development of future contracts.
3. Establishes contracts using prudent buying practices, including analysis of GPO, local bids, state contracts, etc.
4. Facilitates and implements electronic commerce procurement practices in line with improved strategic supply relationships.
5. Procures a variety of services, equipment, and supplies on behalf of departments. Initiates and designs bids and proposals to award buying decisions. Participates in procurement sourcing teams for research, bid and contract management of supplies and services.
6. Serves as lead and operational resource for procurement matters for assigned departments. Educates and advises departmental customers on the use of the Lawson electronic purchasing process.
7. Serves as the primary liaison between UNCHCS and contractors/suppliers to fulfill contracts. Develops strategic supplier relationships to facilitate supplier input to enhancing cost reduction initiatives. Manages supplier performance associated with service delivery to departments and resolves issues related to supplier performance.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of progressively responsible procurement or contract administration experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Purchasing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.