Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6434
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assumes the role of Cardiovascular Technician when required and provides staff scheduling, implementation of procedures, and recommendation of new policies and procedures.
1. Coordinates preparation of annual budget and recommendations for capital purchases, providing financial justifications and operational reasoning for proposals. Submits necessary financial information to Director
2. Reviews monthly reports to monitor units, expenses, revenue and revenue loss. Investigates variances, communicates necessary corrective changes and tracks action to ensure proper outcome
3. Identifies, coordinates and facilitates cost saving/efficiency changes and improvements relating to customer satisfaction, staffing, operations, and expansion.
4. Monitors inventory and inventory reduction by working with the medical, technical and clerical staff. Maximizes quality and minimizes expenses.
5. Ensures records and documentation are maintained accurately and legibly for Quality Assurance Program and Quality Improvement Program.
6. Directs and evaluates the work of clinical, clerical and administrative coworkers. Makes recommendations for necessary changes to workflow and reource levels in accordance with departmental and organizational objectives
7. Assures coordination of customer throughput and ease of use for diagnostic testing and procedures including scheduling, admissions and documentation for diagnostic procedures.
8. Evaluates individual coworker performance on a continual basis, provides ongoing coaching/counseling as necessary
9. Meets periodically with employees to assess professional development needs and provides support as necessary to meet developmental needs
10. Plans, coordinates and integrates departments services within department and with others throughout the organization.
11. Develop and assures the implementation of polices and procedures that guide and supports the provision of services.
12. Coordinates, leads, and participates in performance improvement activities for assigned area of responsibility
13. Serves as primary point of contact for managing each diagnostic site on a weekly basis. Handling and resolving day to day issues, workflow and operations improvement for multi diagnostics suburban sites. Tracks budget volumes, revenue, develops interdepartmental plan of actions, and supporting suburban marketing.
● Associate’s Degree from an accredited school in relevant discipline(i.e. Cardiovascular for cardiovascular position, Neurodiagnostic for neurologic position)
● Appropriate level of BLS Certification required (BCLS required for cardiovascular positions; BLS required for non-cardiovascular positions)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Associate's degree - one (1) year of related experienceIf High School diploma - five (5) years of related experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Core Lab
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.