Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6533
Location: Sanford, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
General Pulmonologist for Sanford Specialty Clinic in Sanford, NC
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Seeking a great opportunity with an incredible organization then look no further…. Just minutes from Raleigh, NC!
UNC Specialty Care at Sanford in Sanford, NC is a community-based, multispecialty practice. We are committed to providing quality and cost-effective medical care to a diverse population of patients with chronic medical conditions and special needs is seeking to add a General Pulmonologist to the team.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Graduated from an accredited Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy school
• General Pulmonologist experience or training required
• Board Certified or Board Eligible
• EMR: EPIC proficient preferred
• Managing the care of chronic respiratory diseases, such as asthma, emphysema, tuberculosis, lung cancers and many other disorders
• Coach patients on management of their illness, by making lifestyle change
• Chronic lung disease treatment (COPD, asthma)
• Consultation services for patients in the hospital for all pulmonary services and sleep issues – not required
• Narcolepsy treatment
• Pneumonia vaccines and influenza vaccinations
• Pulmonary function tests
• Respiratory illnesses
• Sleep apnea evaluation and treatment
• Ventilator management
• Critical care management – preferred not required
• Competitive Salary plus incentives
• Generous benefit plan including CME Allowance, Health & Life Insurance, Retirement
For more information or to apply contact Sheila Barnes, Physician Recruiter at 919-622-6220 or [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.