Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6155
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position specializes in lymphedema rehabilitation. Requires completion of Certified Lymphedema Therapy advanced coursework/certificate. The ideal candidate would have prior work experience in this specialty area. It would be expected to carry own caseload with desired work schedule of three (3) days a week.
This position will be located at the hub of our specialty services for pelvic health and lymphedema care, located on Mayfair Street in Durham.
This is professional level work involving the evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents complete documentation instruct patients, families, and students and participate in clinical program development and management. Work is performed under general supervision with all treatments being prescribed by a physician.
1. Selects and performs appropriate Physical Therapy (PT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the PT treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
2. Manages resources needed to perform PT treatment plan to accomplish goals set for the patient.
3. Completes PT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Manages PT caseload with efficiency and efficacy.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for PT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding PT programs and patients served.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC Therapy Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.