Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6125
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides comprehensive psychology services to patients and their families with duties to include evaluations, outpatient and inpatient clinical consultation, patient and family counseling (e.g., understanding of medical/clinical procedures, emotional adaptation to chronic illness, adjustment to procedures, adherence to medical regimen), and collaboration during team meetings, multi-disciplinary conferences, regarding listing decisions and patient management strategies.
1. Collaboration - Act as a team member with the medical staff, nursing, and other ancillary support services. Supervision of pre-doctoral interns, practicum students, and post-doctoral fellows. Participation in multidisciplinary selection conferences, support groups, and other departmental activities/meetings.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement - Participate in quality assurance, utilization review, and performance improvement programs.
3. Education - Provide professional guidance and input during the development of new policies, formulation of new protocols, procedures, and programs. Provide professional consultation and participation in all aspects of accreditation, licensure and certification requirements.
4. Patient Care - Provide psychological evaluations and follow up consultation for patients and their families. Provide follow-up services as needed.
● Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
● Currently licensed as a Psychologist and eligible to practice in the state of North Carolina or within three months of start date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous experience highly preferred but not required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC Surgery-Bariatrics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.