Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5405
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Responsible for researching, designing, and guiding the implementation of innovative solutions supporting the vision of information technology architecture and strategy supporting the technical infrastructure.
1. Analyzes and identifies enterprise business trends and business strategies to develop applicable IT application solutions. Plans and conducts new technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements and makes recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance. Analyzes the current technology infrastructure to detect critical deficiencies and recommends improved cost transparency solutions, ROI and other cost-benefit analysis.
2. Provides key input in the development and maintenance of the technology strategic plan. Leads infrastructure project implementation of systems capacity and availability products and strategies. Recommends for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance of IT applications/platforms.
3. Provides strategic oversight for complex key information service architecture decisions within area of specialty to define developing plans to adopt and implement new technology strategies for the design of complex information technology solutions and escalation for system issues.
4. Works with Network, Storage, Database, Applications, Telecommunications and other departments to provide a stable and scalable technology infrastructure. Collaborates with all teams to identify the appropriate technology required and the means with which to resolve complex issues related to infrastructure solution design, configuration and building. Identifies when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Computer Oper Tech Supp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.