Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6648
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC REX Perioperative Planning Center includes 12 interview rooms and focuses on optimization and education for the patient prior to day of surgery. Our PPC team has a strong focus on patient centered care in preparation for day of surgery. We interview patients in person or via pre-calls up to 30 days in advance of the scheduled surgery visit. This allows the opportunity to insure we can provide optimal care for our patients. During the patient appointment, the nurse collects the patient history, home medication list, and diagnostic tests such as labs and EKG. More importantly, our team works in collaboration with anesthesia and the surgeon to educate about early mobility and pain management which often results in a decreased length of stay and a positive patient and family experience.
Collects and analyzes clinical data from various sources to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. Designs and writes clinical outcome queries, identifies best sources for data, and evaluates data accuracy. Assists with managing patient relations/complaint issues.
1. Actively leads or participates in departmental, service line and/or organizational quality improvement initiatives to ensure goals/outcomes are met or exceeded.
2. Identifies issues and system barriers for efficient and effective transition management and shares with leadership for follow up.
3. Partners with the physicians and interdisciplinary team to coordinate patient’s treatment and post treatment plan to ensure all critical elements have been addressed as patient transitions from admission to discharge.
4. Monitors appropriate outcome metrics and communicates/presents patient data to the interdisciplinary team and Surgical Services leadership.
5. Utilizes evidence-based practice information to maintain and update patient and staff education.
6. Updates patient pathways to reflect current trends in patient care.
7. Follows up with patients after discharge.
8. Develops and ensures application of Six Sigma, LEAN and other techniques to support organization-wide performance improvement activities
● Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), medical records or a related field.
● Licensed to practice as an RN in the State of North Carolina
● Six Sigma training to be completed within 6 months of hire date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to utilize various computer software programs and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions. Strong computer experience required including WORD, EXCEL, and POWER POINT.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Perioperative Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.