Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6814
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Financial Planning is responsible for proactively leading analysis and providing insights to key stakeholders in support of strategic lines of business and shared services. The role provides leadership, analysis, reporting, and general business support for regular financial review processes and works collaboratively with internal customers (including senior management as well as the Executive Management Team) to properly analyze and interpret financial results compared against budgets and forecasts in accordance with requirements.
1. Develop methodologies, dashboards, and models for lines of business budgeting and reporting. Generate monthly Journal Entries using internal automated systems. Perform analysis around accuracy and reasonability of the data supporting the JEs.
2. Drive Simplification and Standardization across the various functions of UNC Health Care. Develop presentations and analytical material to be presented to senior and executive management.
3. Identify, analyze, and lead productivity initiatives including sourcing, integration, and automation. Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, process improvement programs, and research of various healthcare trends.
4. Manage and develop a team of Financial Planning and Analysis professionals. Drive the budgeting process based on business metrics and measure the same for Actual vs. Plan.
5. Manage expense and headcount reporting, accruals, and establish appropriate accounting for these activities. Assess and analyze progress of business meeting productivity initiatives, report results, recommend course corrections where appropriate.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance (or substantial equivalent with concentration in finance).
● Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Master's degree in Business, Accounting or Healthcare Administration preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Seven (7) years of progressive experience in health care budgeting/finance. Proven experience in managing multiple and complex projects.
● If an Associate's degree: Eleven (11) years of progressive experience in health care budgeting/finance. Proven experience in managing multiple and complex projects.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in health care budgeting/finance. Proven experience in managing multiple and complex projects.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to work independently and with varied groups, both as a team leader and team member.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.