Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5229
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develops and implements strategies and initiatives to promote School Of Medicine and UNC Health Care news and research internally, working closely with SOM leadership and UNC hospitals faculty, clinical and basic researchers to identify and develop internal news and feature stories, and to build and maintain relationships with leaders, faculty and staff.
1. Develops strategies to promote promote and share information about the UNC School of Medicine internally. Works closely with SOM leaders and UNC hospitals faculty, clinical and basic researchers to identify and develop internal news and feature stories. Builds and maintains relationships with leaders across the SOM.
2. Establishes UNC faculty and clinicians as experts and resources. Promotes and alerts internal audience to key projects and reinforces the expertise of specific UNC clinicians and researchers who are available for comment on topics slated for high-profile medical and scientific journals and not authored by UNC faculty.
3. Writes internal announcements and manages weekly e-newsletter for the SOM. Prepares and distributes in a timely fashion to alert internal audiences to breaking news and special announcements.
4. Writes speeches/speaking points as needed for SOM and UNC Health leadership.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of medical research concepts sufficient to enable communication with clinical and basic science faculty.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.