Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6849
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Maintains patient safety by ensuring correct menu item selection in Computrition in compliance with physician prescribed Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT). Assists patients in ordering meals through the menu line for the At Your Service (AYS) ordering system by selecting correct menu items according to the individualized needs of the patient. Maintains accurate patient database information in Computrition by correctly inputting physician MNT orders. Correctly assembles and distributes patient supplements and enteral nutrition products.
*This position helps support the menu line call volume for Holly Springs Hospital, but the physical location of the position will be at UNC Rex in Raleigh.
1. Assists patients with menu selections, when needed, as part of AYS assuring compliance with physician prescribed MNT, according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety.
2. Maintains patient database utilizing Epic and Computrition by correctly imputing physician MNT orders, patient allergy information, and patient special services such as appropriateness to order through the AYS system.
3. Answers the telephone, taking messages and relaying information as needed. This includes answering the patient menu line.
4. Provides troubleshooting of patient meal problems to include referring patients in need of assistance to a registered dietitian.
5. Maintains accurate reports such as patients not appropriate to order (NAPS), patients who have missed 2 meals, required meal counts, etc.
6. Ensures correct menu item selection for MNT on AYS orders according the individualized need of the patient.
7. Conducts Performance Improvement monitoring, measuring, and tracking results using specified indicators.
8. Properly prepares patient nourishments and enteral nutrition products according to HACCP guidelines.
9. Stocks office supplies, as needed, and maintains organization of work area.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of one month experience and/or training in a nutrition care setting or equivalent and basic computer knowledge and skills. Customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, families, and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Food Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.50
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.