Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6119
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administers radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients. Works includes assessment, intervention, calculations, documentation and patient education. Works is performed under the general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is evaluated by conformance to standards and procedures.
1. Administers radiation therapy in accordance with physician's instructions and the patient's treatment plan. Enters data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
2. Assists physicians, radiation oncologists, clinical physicists and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy. Constructs patient immobilization devices as ordered by physicians
3. Maintains patient and billing records, reports and files according to department policies and procedures, including information as radiation dosages, equipment settings, and patients? reactions
4. Performs routine and complex radiation therapy treatments such as total body irradiation, stereotactic radiosurgery, and low and high brachytherapy according to established practices and standards.
5. Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients, self, and others. Performs quality assurance procedures per state and federal guidelines.
6. Provides on-the-job clinical instruction and evaluation for student radiation therapists.
● Graduation from a Radiation Therapy Technologist program approved by the Council of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
● Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Or Board Eligible (must receive certification within one year of hire)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Radiation Oncology
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.20
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.