Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6435
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Is consulted for their expertise in the clinical or operational practice area and supervises a team and/or program in a pharmacy specialty area.
1. Supervises the activities of a clinical and/or operational team or program. Responsible for developing and reviewing clinical protocols and operational policies/procedures in a clinical or operational area. May be the NC Board of Pharmacy licensed Pharmacist in Charge.
2. Coordinates a Pharmacy team's/program's activities and documents progress toward approved team/program clinical and operational goals.
3. Develops and maintains a training program for the team. Mentors colleagues to ensure proficiency of all team members as required.
4. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
5. Provides formal and informal work performance feedback to team members, including the preparation and administration of performance reviews as required. Provides formal and informal feedback to include corrective action when necessary.
6. Manages priorities to meet team/program expectations.
7. Creates and/or maintains policies and procedures specific to the practice area.
8. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
9. Identifies and implements clinical pathway and/or operational process improvement initiatives to provide optimal care while minimizing cost.
10. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners.
11. Participate in candidate interviews and selection. Conducts candidate interviews and selects appropriate candidates for position vacancies as required.
12. Support compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of prior pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.