Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6572
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Speech Pathology is seeking a dynamic licensed SLP to provide services to adults in our Inpatient Acute Care and Rehabilitation Center locations. Position is PRN only with availability primarily on weekends. Hospital experience a plus. Responsibilities may include: Dysphagia evaluation, dysphagia treatment and cognitive-linguistic assessment/therapy.
Performs diagnostic and rehabilitative speech/language voice and/or dysphagia services, program planning, patient and family education, and training of students and fellows.
1. Analyzes results of diagnostic and/or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and/or modify subsequent treatment programs.
2. Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient speech/language/swallow rehabilitation services.
3. Provides counseling and/or feedback to patients and/or family members regarding patient's care through team meetings and/or direct contact.
4. Supervises graduate speech/language pathology students and/or clinical fellows and educates health professionals in area of specialty.
5. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
6. Maintains valid and reliable records of patient procedures, progress and/or recommendations.
7. Provides clinical speech-language pathology services--assessment and planning.
● Graduation from an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
● Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant experience or completion of a one (1) year clinical fellowship.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Administers complex diagnostic tests and evaluations of speech, language and swallow disorders.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Speech Therapy Acute
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.