Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5929
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
With limited supervision, this individual will perform ancillary tasks that allow radiologists to focus on their primary clinical duties.
Work hours: 3:00pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides assistance to reading radiologist with all types of communication efforts both internal and external
3. Serves as point person to coordinate and communicate with referring physicians, radiologists, technologists, and offices as directed
4. Directs radiologists daily workflow, plays integral role in interruption management
5. Manage STAT/ preliminary reports including supporting reading radiologists. Coordinate communications with referring physicians. Call STAT results as directed
6. Monitor and manage the list of studies to be read and signed. Follow-up when needed to ensure late or overdue exams are escalated and interpreted
7. Direct code strokes and other codes to the appropriate radiologist
8. Assist with image requests and imports as directed
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 2 years of healthcare experience in a hospital or outpatient setting
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must have strong organizational, decision making, problem solving and communication skills. Must be able to function independently and must posses the ability to multitask. Must have a thorough understanding of medical terminology
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Radiology Supp Salary Exp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.