Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5911
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior Strategy Consultant plays a key role in assessing the system’s strategy and point of view related to customer experience as well as support coordinating and measuring overall customer experience with a goal of increasing UNC Health’s competitive advantage in the market. This position plays a key role in serving as a liaison to key internal stakeholders (e.g., Nursing, Physicians, Revenue Cycle, Marketing) to establish strategic customer experience priorities and deliver elevated customer experience for all customers of UNC Health.
1. Communication and Building Relationships - Acts as a key liaison between executives, hospital administrators and clinical leaders, and ensures a tight linkage between the organization's efforts and its strategic goals. Serves as a key champion of the organization's strategic priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications.
2. Financial and business planning - Provides analytical and strategy support for the evaluation of strategic opportunities. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and serves as a key champion for recommended opportunities.
3. Project management - Provides project leadership for strategic initiatives. Defines projects, develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams. Uses foresight to keep projects focused and on track. Plans and facilitates meetings.
4. Strategic planning - Provides analytical support for the strategic planning process including evaluating environmental trends, assessing core capabilities, competitor profiling, and completing gap analyses. Synthesizes findings to derive important business insights.
● Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or one (1) year at a top tier consulting firm with one (1) year of relevant experience.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or two (2) years at a top tier consulting firm.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building and communication skills. Ability to function with limited guidance and be comfortable working on projects alone or leading more junior team members.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Ntwrk Dvlp and Cust Experience
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.