Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6903
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Communications and Marketing department is looking for an outgoing, creative digital marketing coordinator to join our Integrated Communications team. Reporting to the Manager, Content and Social Media Strategy, this person will support the Content Strategy group, coordinating social media posts across multiple platforms, as well as creating content and assisting in other digital projects as needed. We are looking for an extremely organized individual, with a keen attention to detail who will constantly analyze and improve our various UNC Health social media channels. The digital marketing coordinator also supports some customer service needs, will be on an on-call rotation with all staff members, and will cover some events on weekends and evenings to gather great content to share with our audiences.
● Continually writes and schedules social media posts, gathers multimedia content both in-person and via colleagues, independently and as directed by supervisor.
● Provide ongoing weekly and monthly reports on the performance of social media posts and projects, assists in SEO and other data analysis as needed.
● Monitor social media activity across multiple platforms and responds/engages in accordance with digital strategy team protocols/recommendations.
● Researches ongoing digital/social media trends and makes recommendations on proactive social media technology, marketing ideas and content.
● Be available for on-call rotation among social media team members to quickly address urgent customer service complaints or inquiries by contacting appropriate stakeholders as needed.
● Attends content meetings as necessary in Chapel Hill and Raleigh to maintain awareness of current goals and initiatives, as well content research and timing of efforts through multiple social media channels.
● Ability to compose creative and voice appropriate social media posts on a daily and weekly basis as needed, as part of the UNC Health social media team.
● Five or more years of related social media experience is preferred. Must include advanced skills (stories, IGTV, dark posts, etc.)
● Experience increasing engagement and followers on multiple social media platforms, as well as producing live streams & other interactive elements
● Experience providing detailed media data reports, extracting data from various social media platforms directly & analyzing for content improvement
● Experience managing social media management platforms such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout or equivalent. Hootsuite experience is preferred.
● Beginner to intermediate level skill or above with Adobe Creative Suite and the proven ability to edit basic videos, photographs and short animations.
● Experience working with large, complex organizations in multiple locations.
● Ability to effectively prioritize, communicate to stakeholders, and manage multiple initiatives allocating resources appropriately.
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
● Ability to professionally and respectfully collaborate in a diverse organization.
● Bachelor's Degree required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three or more years of related experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must demonstrate excellent written & oral communication skills and a strong understanding of web strategy & design principles. Experience with internet user behavior, web technology, social media marketing, analytics, and web functionality is preferred. Must possess excellent organization, multi-tasking and strategic-thinking skills. Flexibility, good judgment, high energy and attention to detail are essential. Must work as a team player in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.