Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7047
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures (invasive and non-invasive) interprets a variety of ultrasound examinations ranging from routine OB/GYN, vascular, abdomen and small body parts to intra-cavity and color Doppler and a variety of biopsies.
1. Completes all relevant worksheets. Gives accurate impressions of exams performed. Deletes all unnecessary image data. Maintains image management equipment. Utilizes PACS system for obtaining additional study data. Completes routine comments and details findings on abnormal ultrasounds in the sonographer comment section. Generates coherent, accurate and complete computerized ultrasound data. Assures that data transfer is complete and accurate. Evaluates previous ultrasounds for comparison prior to performing ultrasound examination. Familiarity with R4 reporting system, (ie ability to edit, merge studies etc.)
2. Ensures safe and appropriate procedure environment (Includes ultrasound equipment checks, transducer check, QA of equipment, cleanliness). Maintain supply inventory for department. Maintains a clean work environment Responsible for inspection and maintenance of ultrasound and computer equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly fashion. Immediate notification of supervisor of need for supplies or equipment repair/maintenance. Probes are appropriately sterilized/cleaned after use. Uses technical knowledge to assist in actively troubleshooting work unit problems with respect to equipment and protocols
3. Evaluates requisition and patient information to determine appropriateness of procedure (Patient ID clinical symptoms lab values chart information). Collaborate and plan the workday and patient flow with fellow sonographers and clerical support staff. Reviews patient's chart and films for correlation. Regularly consults daily schedule. Reviews patient's prior studies for correlation. Regularly consults daily schedule. Screens exam indications to insure appropriate orders. Screens exam indications to insure level of testing. Precept new employees and students.
4. Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures including assessment of patient history, documentation of anatomy and pathology. Producing and summarizing documentation of procedure findings. Transfer pt. data to storage/network devises. Attendance and active participation required at regularly scheduled departmental ultrasound conferences and in-unit quality assurance unit updates.CME sufficient to maintain RDMS certification. Self reading and education to remain abreast of new developments in ultrasound findings and technology Generates preliminary clinical diagnosis. Works with physicians on final diagnosis. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Ultrasound Obtains RDMS credentials and maintains """"Active Status"""" Performs work in a timely manner. Produces accurate images and impressions
5. Ultrasound guidance for procedures. Demonstrates ability to provide ultrasound guidance for various procedures including sonohysterograms, CVS, amniocentesis and fetal procedures including bladder and pleural tap. Demonstrates appropriate setup, supplies and patient preparation for procedure. Displays awareness of needle/catheter location, positioning
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or General Ultrasound.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Imaging
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.