Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6548
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
RN, BSN Highly Preferred
UNC REX Gynecology Oncology is a robust and growing practice. The GynOnc physicians, are UNC Faculty Physicians and all perform surgery at REX Hospital and manage large patient populations in collaboration with the Medical Oncologists that provide systemic therapy at all of our UNC REX Hematology Oncology locations.
The RN Care Coordinator role is partnered with a physicians in the practice to support the entire patient panel. The nurse meets every new patient and attends the initial consult as well as any other appointments in which plans of care or treatment changes are being discussed. The plan of care is facilitated by the Care Coordinator to include surgical management & triage, collaborating with Care Coordinators in Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology and monitoring along the entire cancer continuum. The Care Coordinator provides extensive patient education, patient triage and support.
UNC REX Cancer Care is a Commission on Cancer Accredited Comprehensive Oncology Program and part of a Magnet Accredited Hospital.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for care coordination along the cancer continuum, interdisplinary care planning and psycho-social consultation for the outpatient oncology patient population.
1. Actively leads or participates in departmental, service line and/or organization quality improvement initiatives to ensure patient, departmental and organizational goals/outcomes are met or exceeded.
2. Reports issues and system barriers for efficient and effective transition management to a member of the Leadership/Management team per policy.
3. Performs comprehensive outpatient case management screening/assessment for all patients per departmental policy and appropriately identifies potential care planning and/or psycho-social needs.
4. Partners with the physicians and interdisciplinary team to coordinate patient's treatment and post treatment plan to ensure all critical elements have been addressed and patient is moved to the appropriate next level of care.
5. Utilizes critical thinking skills to proactively identify and appropriately address medically complex and/or psychosocial related comprehensive care barriers.
6. Actively participates in Oncology Case Conferences, Huddles and Interdisciplinary rounds to address identified barriers so that the patient can be moved through the care continuum in a timely manner.
7. Initiates and facilitates referrals for care to include home health, transportation, supportive pharmaceuticals, community resources, Hospice and others in a timely manner and is knowledgeable of benefits.
8. Collaborates with the other Care Coordinators, Triage Nurses, and Physicians to ensure congruence among the patient's condition, physician's level of care order and billing status.
9. Adheres to all pertinent accreditation guidelines, organizational and departmental standards, and community agencies on the screening of patients, implementation of interventions, and care coordination.
10. Monitors appropriate outcome metrics such as interventions on positive screenings, compliance of care, and timely and supportive care referrals. Involved in process improvement initiatives to develop strategies to improve outcomes.
11. Communicates care coordination involvement through thorough documentation in the electronic medical record and by verbal interactions with the physicians, interdisciplinary team, patient and family.
● Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Registered Nurse.
● Valid North Carolina Nursing License for any BSN.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 2 years experience in outpatient care management along the oncology continuum is highly desired. Equivalent experience may be considered.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced computer competence; Experience with Powerpoint and Visio.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex GynOnc
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.