Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6882
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs multiple modality procedures including but not limited to Radiology, CT, MRI, Mammography at a technical level that will require independent judgment.
1. Prepares patient for modality procedure.
2. Identifies patient using two identifiers and two sources.
3. Maintains safe environment for the patient documents pregnancy, properly shields patient for exam.
4. Correctly documents and maintains patient care records—ensures order is correct.
5. Identifies common clinical indications for such studies and notes discrepancies.
6. Prepares the MRI patient for scanning.
7. Understands and can describe the physical preparation of patients prior to MRI scanning.
8. Is able to prepare the """"""""difficult to scan"""""""" patient and can improvise to manage such patients.
9. Describes the goals of patient education and screening? identifies common clinical indications for studies.
10. Describes safety precautions associated with surface coils.Is able to accurately select scan parameters prior to MRI scanning.Provides overview of MRI imaging techniques.Identifies image artifacts arising from motion, chemical shift, ferromagnetic objects, and magnetic suseptability effects on MRI images? identifies methods to minimize or prevent artifacts.Describes the overall design and functions of an MRI imaging system? image acquisition and reconstruction techniques to achieve proper images.Explains how image quality is influenced by the MR imaging process? fast scanning techniques, MRI enhancement agents, and MRI angiography.Describes parameters that characterize MRI image quality? describes image quality trade offs in MRI? identifies the significance of MRI scan time? demonstrates the effects of flow on MR images.Identifies imaging planes.Identifies safety issues in MRI.
11. Describes procedures used to ensure patient comfort and safety including staff safety during an MRI scan.Produces diagnostic quality CT exams.Coincides injection rate to appropriate CT protocol.Sets equipment factors that will produce best diagnostic exam.Describes equipment factors and imaging methods, ie contrast IV versus oral, that will improve exam quality including window and leveling of image.Stores images via data tape.Sets computer to appropriate protocol in database.Maintains radiation safety of patient and the Technologist.Properly shields patient according to departmental policy.
12. Demonstrates understanding and compliance with NPSG’s? maintains safety integrity.Describes principles and practices of radiation exposure to patient and follows departmental policies as outlined regarding such principles (ALARA).Prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks? detects hazardous situations and takes action to correct it or report it? reports incidents or accidents promptly.Assists radiologists in performing special exams under T guidance.Sets room up properly for each exam including proper supplies for CT study.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with universal protocol, time out procedure.Describes methods to visualize needle or catheter during biopsy.Demonstrates ability to assess patient.Critiques mammography exams of other mammographers and is available to offer suggestions for improvement.Performs individual audits of films to audit quality.Provides in-services on views or topics to improve service and quality.Conducts or supervises the quality control activities necessary to maintain FDA and ACR compliance.Performs or supervises all quality control tests to meet ACR and FDA requirements for digital mammography.Ensures all quality control activities are completed within the required parameters of the ACR and FDA.Uses appropriate devices to measure viewbox intensity.Performs phantom images and charts results—analyzes for compliance.Reviews or conducts process of repeat analysis and notes areas for improvement.Reviews and describes process for determining volume reading of each radiologist.Conducts or supervises audit tracking of mammographic results for quality assurance purposes.Reviews and describes process for tracking positive biopsy versus mammographic results and ensures communication loop is closed.
13. Proficient in the use of the mammography reporting system.Conducts or supervises patient reporting and tracking.Monitors patients for follow-up reporting including biopsy, diagnostic mammography and physician notification and notes area for improvement in the system.MQSA procedure manuals are organized and reviewed at least quarterly for completeness.Develops and implements solutions to non-compliance items to ensure FDA accreditation.Participates in the annual FDA/MQSA inspection process.Monitors the evaluation process of the MQSA inspectors and is available to answer question or provide results.Develops and implements solutions to non-compliance items to ensure FDA accreditation.MQSA procedure manuals are organized and reviewed at least quarterly for completeness.Produces diagnostic quality radiology exams.Sets technical factors, positions patient to achieve optimal images.Maintains competency when performing surgical Imaging exams under strict sterile procedure.Completes quality exams with efficiency and accuracy.Performs quality diagnostic exams with portable machine in OR, ER, and floor units.Maintains the safety including radiation safety of the patient and the technologist.Demonstrates compliance with ALARA principles.Properly shields patient.Minimizes repeats.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with NPSG’s? maintains the safety integrity per room assignment.Prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks? detects hazardous situations and takes action to correct it or report it? reports incidents or accidents promptly.Demonstrates good infection control practices.Assists radiologist in performing fluoro procedures and biopsy procedures.Sets up room properly for each exam including proper supplies for radiological study.Demonstrates understanding and compliance with universal protocol, time out procedure.
● High School diploma or GED.
● Graduate from an AMA approved school of Imaging Technology.
● American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No formal training or experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.