Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7029
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Director of Content & Patient Communications - Integrated Communications
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Content & Patient Communications leads the groups of consumer-facing content across all platforms (both internal and external). This leader will develop strategy and tactics for each area in conjunction with those individual managers and the Executive Director of Integrated Communications. The Director reports to the Executive Director of Integrated Communications.
This position will develop communication plans as required and assign implementation to team members and/or execute those plans themselves. The director will work with content producing / editing vendors to establish consistent content. The position will work collaboratively with UNC Health’s marketing group to promote patient content via paid advertising.
The Director will ensure that original content from UNC Health entities and individual subject matter experts (SMEs) will also be shared with and available to the interconnected and collaborative groups which make up UNC Health Care’s Integrated Communications team. Collaboration with Marketing, Community Relations, Consumer insights, Marketing Technology, and among others will be key so this leader’s success. Content will find use across various platforms including the consumerism website, all social media, blogs, and UNC Health Care intranet sites among others.
1. Lead content groups or use across all platforms.
2. Personally contribute or manage original content for a variety of uses.
3. Develop strategy and tactics for each area in conjunction with those individual managers and the Executive Director of Integrated Communications.
4. Work collaboratively with UNC Health’s marketing group to promote patient content via paid advertising.
5. Ensure that original content from UNC Health entities and individual subject matter experts (SMEs) will also be shared with and available to the interconnected and collaborative groups, and Community Relations among others.
6. Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new co-workers, staff development, performance evaluations, and overall team culture. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Integrated Communications.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires ten (10) years of combined experience in media relations, internal / corporate communications for large organizations or corporations with demonstrated expertise.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated familiarity with the current health care landscape of the Triangle, the State of North Carolina and the United States as a whole.•Strong written and verbal communication skills, working quickly under pressure and tight deadlines. Must have a demonstrated ability to apply data and research findings to public relations internal communications and content development efforts.•Demonstrated success planning and managing complex projects from start to finish, and working effectively across internal functional teams. Manages partner relationship with vendors, primarily focused on public relations agencies.•Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, media, co-workers, and UNC Communications / UNC System Communications.•Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), or similar products and online portals for public relation services such as Businesswire, and content management systems (CMS).•Ability to work and function in a complex environment comprised of medical, corporate and academic settings all working together concurrently. Develop / introduce new tactics and strategies to all areas of responsibility both strategically and on a tactical level.•Work collaboratively across department functions including marketing and branding, marketing technology, consumer insights, integrated communications and community engagement•Supports the strategic vision of the Department and demonstrates the ability to build and maintain effective relationships across a large complex organization
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.