Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6963
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Monitor Clerk assists the professional caregiver in the care of patients by monitoring cardiac rhythms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions. The Monitor Clerk ensures that Hospital's philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner.
1. Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
2. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Monitor Technician competency checklist.
3. Documents and interprets patient?s heart rhythm and rate by utilizing telemetry recordings.
4. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in policies and procedures.
5. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
6. Identifies patient arrhythmias/abnormalities or significant changes from baseline and reports changes immediately to the assigned nurse.
7. Obtains six second strip as indicated by patient condition and gives current strips to charge nurse for further evaluation.
8. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to learn interpretation and respond protocols to ECG / SP 02 monitor system and to develop computer skills must be demonstrated if not competent must complete successful skills verification for ECG interpretation, monitor system, and HUC responsibilities within defined time parameters.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Telemetry Command Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.